"If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your mother told you to." -- Author Unknown

Friday, July 29, 2011

Vroom Vroom

I love planning parties. 

The little touches, the personal flare, the organization and ultimate execution of a party is fun, exciting and worth the work! To see the joy on people’s faces and hear their laughter – AWESOME.
The party planner spaz that I am, I’m already planning my 10.5-month-old’s birthday party. Do I have a color theme? Maybe...okay, fine, yes...I do. Don't laugh! Blue and red. I already have the invitations ordered, too.
Take a look! This is the generic one...my baby is way cuter. jk!


In a perfect world, the party would look like this (or a version of it): http://gallery.projectnursery.com/projects/924-Malone-s-1-Year-Birthday-Par-tay-

But, I want to add my own, homemade, hopefully delicious...car cake.

Scary?

YES!

This...has to become...








THIS!










I'm totally already scared.
I'm going to try to create this masterpiece this weekend as part of a trial run. I promise to report back with all of the sticky details next week. Wish me luck!
Have you created a cake like this before? If so, how did it go? Any tips? Please share!

2 comments:

  1. Love the car cake idea! You are so good (and probably more talented at that stuff than I am). I am doing a boring sheet cake, but since you've inspired me a bit, I just might make a cupcake for him to smash...LOl
    BTW, I am trying to follow this blog, but it's not letting me. :( I will try again later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for posting our FIRST comment! I know he will love to smash a cupcake on his first birthday! Post photos!

    ReplyDelete