"If at first you don't succeed, do it the way your mother told you to." -- Author Unknown

Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Collingwood, Ontario


I’m heading to Collingwood, Ontario, via car today (16 hour drive!) and while I won’t be able to post while I’m gone, I AM going to take tons of pictures with my handy dandy smart phone. I hope to provide you with a delightful photo display of the deliciously fabulous restaurants and eateries we check out while on the road. 

A couple of places on my wish list…

Catch 22 Fresh Market Grill – on the edge of Georgian Bay which is part of Lake Huron. It’s such a beautiful place. I’ve heard this place is awesome, so I hope we get a chance to check them out. http://www.catch22grill.com/

Café Chartreuse – This place is YUMMY! Last time I was here, during the holidays of 2010, we tried this spot and I had the most delicious pumpkin soup. It’s not conventional, which I love, and has so many different items to choose from. I hope to return! http://cafechartreuse.com/

Finally, for the best desert of all, if you haven’t tried a BeaverTail while traveling in Canada, then you really haven’t EVER lived before. Talk about amazing. I’m drooling right now as I’m thinking about it! A BeaverTail is a delicious pastry treat, shaped like the tail of…you guessed it—a beaver! BeaverTails has been one of Canada’s most popular treats since 1978. Whatever the season, BeaverTails will tempt your taste buds! http://www.bluemountain.ca/beavertails.htm

I’m sure the hubs and I will try a couple other places while we’re on the road for the next few days, but this is a great teaser for the places we will definitely try. 

I’ll be back next week! 

Meanwhile, share our blog with everyone you know!

1 comment:

  1. You'll have to bring me back a beaver tail!I have never heard of it.

    ReplyDelete